be resigned toidiom
Definition of be resigned to
: to accept a bad situation that cannot be changed I'm resigned to having to work this weekend. He was resigned to the fact that an expensive vacation would have to wait.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game