bar·be·ra | \ bär-ˈber-ä, -ˈbir-\
variants: or Barbera \ bär-ˈber-ä , -ˈbir- \
plural barberas or Barberas
Definition of barbera
: an acidic, dark red wine originally produced in Italy
Note: Barberas are now also produced in California, Australia, Argentina, and elsewhere.also : the grape from which this wine is made Barbera is a flavorful red grape that is a favorite in the Piedmont region of Italy. — Dorothy J. Gaiter et al., Wall Street Journal, 14 Apr. 2000
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?