ba·lu·chi·the·ri·um | \ bəˌlüchəˈthirēəm \
Definition of baluchitherium
1 capitalized : a genus of very large Oligocene mammals related to the rhinoceros the remains of which are found in central Asia
2 plural baluchitheria\ -ēə \ : an animal or fossil of the genus Baluchitherium
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game