Definition of balance board
: a board that is mounted on a rounded fulcrum and used for various exercises and feats of balance … up to 30 students at a time are performing yoga stances in unison, stretching, shadow boxing and running in place, all on special balance boards.— Bob Fowler, Knoxville (Tennessee) News-Sentinel, 3 June 2010
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game