Definition of balance bill
- A provider who has agreed to accept assignment as payment in full cannot balance bill the patient.
- —Debora A. Slee, Slee's Health Care Terms, 2007
- The Canadian evidence suggests that the easier it is for physicians to balance bill, the more difficult it is to control fees.
- —John Holahan, Medicare Physician Payment Reform, 1986
- When confronted with a balance bill, do not hesitate to call the doctor and discuss payment.
- —Walecia Konrad, New York Times, 1 May 2010
- Many have been critical of a January California Supreme Court decision that banned balance billing …
- —Paul Raeburn, Star-News (Wilmington, North Carolina), 30 Aug. 2009