Definition of background projection
: the projection of still or motion pictures onto a translucent screen that is then photographed from the opposite side and used as the background for live action sequences of a photoplay
— called also back projection, process projection
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game