Definition of babywearing
: the act or practice of keeping an infant close to an adult’s torso by using a supporting device that straps to the front of the adult’s body We've always wanted to present a primer on babywearing for parents who wished to try it but felt intimidated by the practice. After all, to the uninitiated, baby can look a bit precarious when wrapped to mom.— Mothering, January/February 2007
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game