Definition of Austria
landlocked country of central Europe in and north of the eastern Alps mountain system with the Danube River crossing it in the north; a republic; capital Vienna area 32,375 square miles (84,175 square kilometers), population 8,401,940
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?