at someone's feetidiom
Definition of at someone's feet
: close to someone's feet His dog was lying at his feet. —sometimes used figuratively to suggest easy success He was young and fearless, and he felt the world was at his feet.She was very attractive and claimed that men fell at her feet.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?