Definition of at odds
: not agreeing with each other : in a state of disagreement The parents and teachers are still at odds (about/over what to teach the students). —often + with The two groups have long been at odds with each other.He was completely at odds with the way the problem was being handled.The results of the study are at odds with our previous findings.
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?