at a pinchidiom
Definition of at a pinch
: in a bad situation when help is needed I can help out at a pinch if you need a babysitter. At a pinch, you can substitute another ingredient in the recipe.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game