: a strong desire to achieve something high or great
- an aspiration to become famous
- a young man with political/literary aspirations
: an object of such desire
- An acting career is her aspiration.
: a drawing of something in, out, up, or through by or as if by suction: such as
: the act of breathing and especially of breathing in
: the withdrawal (as by suction) of fluid or tissue from the body
- the aspiration of stomach fluids
: the taking of foreign matter into the lungs with the respiratory current
- problems caused by the aspiration of fluids into the patient's lungs
: audible breath that accompanies or comprises a speech sound
: the pronunciation or addition of an aspiration
: the symbol of an aspiration
- the aspiration of the letter "h" in "a house"