Definition of as anything
: as any person or thing —used in the sense of "very" or "extremely" to make a statement more forceful He was (as) calm as anything.It was as obvious as anything that she didn't want to go.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game