Definition of archaeometry
: the application of scientific methods and technology to archaeological study Archaeometry is the use of scientific techniques to determine the ages of archaeological specimens as well as their places and circumstances of origin.— Walter Sullivan, New York Times, 24 May 1981
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?