- In this book he makes his closest approach to greatness.
: the taking of preliminary steps toward a particular purpose
- experimenting with new lines of approach
: a particular manner of taking such steps
- a highly individual approach to language
: a means of access : avenue
: a golf shot from the fairway toward the green
: the steps taken by a bowler before delivering the ball;
: the part of the alley behind the foul line from which the bowler delivers the ball
: the descent of an aircraft toward a landing place
- The plane was on final approach.
: the surgical procedure or path by which access is gained to a bodily part
- A lateral approach was used to direct a 25-gauge, 10-cm spinal needle onto the articular pillar adjacent to the target joint.
- —Leslie Barnsley et al.