Definition of appley
: of, relating to, or characteristic of apples an appley flavor/aroma They all taste like wine, but each is distinct, in the same way that a Granny Smith and a Golden Delicious apple both taste appley but differ from each other.— Andrea Immer, Real Simple, June/July 2002 Very appley nose, some vanilla. Clean, with nice acidity. — Gourmet, December 2003
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game