Definition of antiprism
: a polyhedron having two faces that are identical polygons in parallel planes but rotated from each other while the other faces are a series of alternately oriented triangles These are the first clusters composed of centered square antiprisms of metal atoms.— Francis J. DiSalvo, Science, 9 Feb. 1990
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game