Definition of anti-imperial
: characterized by or expressing opposition to or hostility toward imperialist policies and institutions In one of the great ironies of history, what became the established religion of empire started as an anti-imperial movement.— Richard A. Horsley, Paul and Empire, 1997
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game