Definition of anti-gang
: opposed to gangs : designed to prohibit gangs or to prevent or punish criminal behavior by gang members anti-gang laws Following on the heels of recent weekend street gang sweeps by Los Angeles police, anti-gang units from the Sheriff's Department conducted their own operation last weekend, arresting 33 people on a variety of charges. — The Los Angeles Times
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game