an·thra·nol | \ ˈan(t)thrəˌnōl, -äl\
Definition of anthranol
: an unstable brown-yellow alkali-soluble fluorescent solid phenol C14H9OH formed from anthrone by alkaline treatment and changing to anthrone on standing
— called also 9-anthrol
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?