:a corner whether constituting a projecting part or a partially enclosed space
- They sheltered in an angle of the building.
:the figure formed by two lines extending from the same point;
:a measure of an angle or of the amount of turning necessary to bring one line or plane into coincidence with or parallel to another
:the direction from which someone or something is approached
- soldiers being attacked from every angle
- a football player trying to get an angle on an opponent [=approach an opponent from an effective angle]
:the precise viewpoint from which something is observed or considered
:the aspect seen from such an angle
- consider the question from all angles
- discuss all angles of the question
:a special approach, point of attack, or technique for accomplishing an objective
:an often improper or illicit method of obtaining advantage
- a salesman always looking for an angle
:a sharply divergent course
- The road went off at an angle.