angle of contact
Definition of angle of contact
: the angle between the meniscus and the containing walls of a column of liquid measured from the vertical wall below the surface of the liquid to the position of the tangent to the meniscus at its point of contact with the wall
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?