amphigaeanadjective (1), often capitalized
variants: or amphigean \ ¦amfə¦jēən \
Definition of amphigaean
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 of a plant or animal : found in both hemispheres : cosmopolitan
2 of a plant : having flowers arising from the rootstock
amphigaeanadjective (2), often capitalized
variants: or less commonly amphigean \ " \
Definition of amphigaean (Entry 2 of 2)
: occurring in temperate parts of South America
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?