am·phi·gas·tri·um | \ -ˈgastrēəm \
plural amphigastria\ -rēə \
Definition of amphigastrium
: one of the small appressed stipulelike leaves on the ventral side of the stem in certain liverworts — compare jungermanniales
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game