Definition of amorphization
- pressure-induced amorphization of crystals …
- —Russell J. Hemley et al., Physics Today, August 1998
- The formation and growth of an amorphous metallic alloy by atomic transport in the solid state, or solid-state amorphization, is in fact ubiquitous.
- —Yang-Tse Cheng et al., Science, 27 Feb. 1987
amorphizeplay \ə-ˈmȯr-ˌfīz\ transitive verb amorphized; amorphizing; amorphizes
- Here I describe experiments probing this relationship for a form of crystalline ice … which is melted and amorphized by pressure.
- —Osamu Mishima, Nature, 12 Dec. 1996