Definition of amorphization
: the act or process of making something structurally amorphous or of becoming structurally amorphous pressure-induced amorphization of crystals …— Russell J. Hemley et al., Physics Today, August 1998 The formation and growth of an amorphous metallic alloy by atomic transport in the solid state, or solid-state amorphization, is in fact ubiquitous.— Yang-Tse Cheng et al., Science, 27 Feb. 1987
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game