Definition of aluminophosphate
: any of a class of compounds formed of aluminum and phosphorus that are often used as molecular sieves Here we report the preparation of aluminophosphate zeolite analogues by using ionic liquids and eutectic mixtures.— Emily R. Cooper, Nature, 26 Aug. 2004 Klinowski says the technique can also predict structures for other crystals, including aluminophosphates and doped silicates.— Samuel K. Moore, Chemical Week, 25 Aug. 1999
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?