Definition of alternative education
: an educational program or system that is separate from a mainstream educational program or system and that is designed especially for students with academic or behavioral difficulties Gov. Tom Ridge today signed House Bill 8, which enacts two important education reforms: alternative education for disruptive students and professional development for teachers. — PR Newswire, 13 Sept. 1999 The alternative education program serves the school's most at-risk students.— Howard Weiss-Tisman, Brattleboro Reformer, 3 Aug. 2006
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?