Definition of alpha track
: designed to measure and record radon levels by creating a graphic record of the alpha particles that are emitted as radon undergoes radioactive decay alpha track detectors Detection of radon in the home can be accomplished with charcoal canisters, ion detectors, and alpha track monitors available from most health departments or extension agents …— Kathryn Hilgenkamp, Environmental Health: Ecological Perspectives, 2005
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game