Definition of allotted
: assigned or distributed as a portion, share, or lot finished in the allotted time Silently, all the creatures filed to their allotted places.— Brian Jacques The teacher had exhausted his allotted sick leave after weakness in his vocal muscles made it impossible for him to teach. — Education Week
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?