Definition of all there
1 : in full possession of one's mental faculties : sane behaved in such a way as to make one wonder if he was quite all there —not often in formal use
2 slang : alert and well informed : quick-witted wide-awake, alert, all there; he knows just where he is and what he means and where he is going — Times Literary Supplement
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game