Definition of alkylbenzene
: a compound of one or more alkyl radicals combined with benzene The fluid is a common, mass-produced petrochemical called linear alkylbenzene … used to make clear detergents, like liquid hand soap.— Diana Steele, Science News, 17 Jan. 2009
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game