Definition of alkenylation
: the act or process of combining with an alkenyl radical The authors expect the linker to be useful for many reactions of arenes. Already they have demonstrated its application to a variety of reactions, including synthesis of tert-butyl cinnamate … through palladium-catalyzed alkenylation of bromobenzene.— Maureen Roubi, Chemical & Engineering News, 21 Dec. 1998
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game