Definition of alienated
: feeling withdrawn or separated from others or from society as a whole : affected by alienation feeling lonely and alienated … after the success of 1969's "Easy Rider," a paean to the alienated youth of the hippie generation …— Lisa Stein
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game