Definition of alienated
: feeling withdrawn or separated from others or from society as a whole : affected by alienation feeling lonely and alienated … after the success of 1969's "Easy Rider," a paean to the alienated youth of the hippie generation …— Lisa Stein
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game