Definition of al desko
chiefly British, informal
: at one’s desk It can be as simple as taking a lunch break—al fresco, not al desko. — Fiona Hamilton, Times (London), 14 Apr. 2009 … looks like the perfect place for those who like to eat their lunch al desko. — Natascha Mirosch, Courier Mail (Brisbane, Australia), 22 Apr. 2008
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game