Definition of al desko
chiefly British, informal
: at one’s desk It can be as simple as taking a lunch break—al fresco, not al desko. — Fiona Hamilton, Times (London), 14 Apr. 2009 … looks like the perfect place for those who like to eat their lunch al desko. — Natascha Mirosch, Courier Mail (Brisbane, Australia), 22 Apr. 2008
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?