ag·ri·mo·nia | \ ˌa-grə-ˈmō-nē-ə, -nyə\
Definition of agrimonia
1 capitalized : a genus of herbs (family Rosaceae) found chiefly in north temperate regions that have pinnately compound leaves, yellow flowers, and bristly fruits
2 plural -s : a plant of the genus Agrimonia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game