variants: or less commonly ageworthy
Definition of age-worthy
of a wine
: able to improve in taste and quality through aging : suitable for aging Yountville is known for age-worthy Cabernets with big tannins.— Jennifer D. Frank, Wine at Your Fingertips, 2008 … California's best Chardonnays are amazingly complex and ageworthy. The wines drink well early and can also reward cellaring, developing rich flavors and complex nuances.— James Laube, Wine Spectator, 31 July 2012
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game