Definition of afterdinner
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of after-dinner (Entry 2 of 2)
: occurring or done in the time immediately following dinner —always used before a noun an after-dinner speech There are also a number of high-end, aged rums on the market, which make an interesting alternative to brandy as an after-dinner drink.— Mark Vaughan, Wine Spectator, 31 Jan. 1995
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game