Definition of aceramic
: not producing, having, or including pottery The asbestos ware had not yet spread to the northernmost part of Scandinavia where aceramic cultures still prevailed.— Ari Siiriäinen, The Cambridge History of Scandanavia: Prehistory to 1520, 2003 aceramic deposits
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?