a drop in the oceannoun phrase
Definition of a drop in the ocean
: an amount that is so small that it does not make an important difference or have much effect They need to raise thousands of pounds for this project, so our 20-pound donation is just a drop in the ocean.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?