Definition of Western roll
: a technique of high jumping in which the leg farthest from the bar lifts first, the jumper's side is to the bar as the body passes over it, and a three-point landing is made on the take-off leg and both hands — compare eastern roll , scissors
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?