Wack·en·ro·der solution | \ ˈväkənˌrōdə(r)-\
Definition of Wackenroder solution
: a solution containing colloidal sulfur and polythionic acids obtained by passing hydrogen sulfide into a saturated aqueous solution of sulfur dioxide
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game