Ve·llo process | \ ˈvel(ˌ)yō-\
Definition of Vello process
: a process for producing glass tubing by dropping molten glass through an annular space surrounding a rotating hollow pipe, the diameter of the tubing being determined by pressure of the air passed through the pipe, drawing speed, and temperature of the glass
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game