Var·ro·nia | \ vəˈrōnēə\
Definition of Varronia
: a large genus of tropical American shrubs and trees (family Boraginaceae) having pubescent or scabrous foliage and small usually white flowers with a 4-lobed or 5-lobed limb followed by fruit that is a small slightly fleshy drupe
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?