Var·ro·nia | \ vəˈrōnēə\
Definition of Varronia
: a large genus of tropical American shrubs and trees (family Boraginaceae) having pubescent or scabrous foliage and small usually white flowers with a 4-lobed or 5-lobed limb followed by fruit that is a small slightly fleshy drupe
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game