Definition of Tuscan kale
: a kale developed in Tuscany with long, wrinkled, dark green leaves that are cooked as a vegetable Another variety becoming more widely available is Tuscan kale, also called lacinato or dinosaur kale. Tuscan kale has long, narrow, very dark leaves with a softer, pebbly texture, not curly.— Shirley Vickers, Detroit Free Press, 26 Apr. 2012
— called also black cabbage, black kale, cavolo nero, dinosaur kale, lacinato kale
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?