tuscan rednoun, often capitalized T
Definition of tuscan red
1 : a moderate reddish brown that is yellower and deeper than roan, redder, slightly darker, and much stronger than mahogany, and redder, stronger, and slightly darker than oxblood
— called also madder Indian red, mascara
2 : a purplish red pigment that is an iron red made by treating ferric oxide with a lake (as an alizarin lake)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game