Tu·pai·idae | \ t(y)üˈpīəˌdē\
Definition of Tupaiidae
: a family of small arboreal mammals of southeastern Asia and the Pacific islands that comprise the tree shrews and are held to be insectivores or treated as primates of lowly organization and then placed with the lemurs and tarsiers in the suborder Prosimii
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game