Syn·ap·to·sau·ria | \ sə̇ˌnaptəˈsȯrēə \
Definition of Synaptosauria
: a subclass of Reptilia comprising Permian and Mesozoic typically aquatic or amphibious reptiles with temporal openings high on the roof of the skull and including the orders Protorosauria and Sauropterygia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game