Definition of Sivatherium
: a genus that comprises very large mammals from the Pliocene of India with two pairs of horns of which the posterior are large and somewhat palmated and a muzzle probably fleshy or dilated like that of the saiga antelope and that is placed in the same family as the giraffe or sometimes made the type of a distinct family
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game