Si·pho·noc·la·da·les | \ ˌsīfəˌnäkləˈdā(ˌ)lēz\
Definition of Siphonocladales
: an order of green algae (class Chlorophyceae) originally including all multinucleate members of the class capable of vegetative division but now usually restricted to those that are apparently derived from the Siphonales and are nonseptate when young (as in the families Valoniaceae and Dasycladaceae)
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?