Si·phon·ales | \ sīfəˈnā(ˌ)lēz\
Definition of Siphonales
: an order of marine and freshwater green algae (class Chlorophyceae) whose filaments consist essentially of a large multinucleate cell with cross walls rare and usually only adjacent to reproductive organs — compare codium , siphonocladales
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game